Country Farm & Home Non GMO Feeds
- GMO Free
- Whole Grain
- Scientifically Formulated
- NC Grown & Milled (excluding soy free formulas*)
- Traceable (excluding soy free formulas*)
NOTE: Price lists are attached at the bottom of this page.
We are proud to be partnering with Jeff Bender of Bender Farms to bring you clean, nutritious, locally grown and milled feed. Our line of non-GMO feeds are both affordable and healthy, focusing on a transparent supply chain and quality ingredients that will help you increase your farm’s productivity and profitability. The grains in our feed are traceable with the majority of them being grown on Jeff Bender’s 500 acre farm and neighboring farms in Warren County. The rations were formulated by Crystal Creek Natural in Wisconsin and are backed by scientific data to promote wellness and productivity in your livestock. We thank you for trying our feed and welcome any feedback as we continue to develop and grow a feed program that will secure safe, healthy food for our friends and farming community.
*Soy Free formulas currently include peas grown in Canada. We are working to build relationships with regional farmers to grow peas for our feed program, but growing peas is challenging in the Southeast. Our preference is for all of our ingredients to be as local as possible, decreasing our carbon footprint and strenghtening our local agricultural economiy. We will continue this work and keep you posted on our progress.
Jeff got his start farming in the dairy business on his father's farm in the early 1990s. Over the past 30+ years, Jeff has grown tobacco, produce, and grain crops using both conventional and organic practices. Since the start of our feed program in 2017, Jeff has transitioned away from tobacco. Jeff currently practices regenerative agriculture, using practices of conservation, 100% no-till, and crop rotation. Jeff is currently growing grains and legumes for our feed program on approximately 350 acres. Our feed program has grown well beyond Jeff being able to grow all of the grains on his farm, so he now partners with neighboring farmers to supply us with feed ingredients as well. With the exception of peas that we currently source in Canada for our soy free rations, we have direct relationships with the farmers who provide the grains and legumes for our feed. Whole grains and legumes currently used in our feed program include oats, corn, soybeans, barley, wheat, and milo. Additionally, Jeff has a roaster and roasts his soybeans on site. All of our feed is milled and bagged at Jeff's farm and only non GMO grains and minerals are ever used in our milling equipment.
How Can You Buy Our Feed?
- Stop by our store. See the price list below for what we should always have in stock.
- Get our feed delivered on one of our Country Farm and Home Farm Delivery Routes.
- Arrange for delivery directly from Bender Farms to your farm. For locations close to Jeff's farm, we may utilize our trucks. For more distant locations, LTL trucking will be used, so ordering full pallets of feed (40 bag increments) will spread shipping costs most efficiently. Call Melinda at (919) 545-4429 to inquire about shipping/deliver logistics.
- Pre-order feed and pick up directly at Bender Farms. How does this work?
- Feed is available for farm pick up on a two week cycle. Orders are due every other Sunday, and feed is ready to pick up by end of the week (either Friday afternoon or the following Monday afternoon). Email Melinda at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the order reminder email list for on farm pick ups. Extra feed is typically not kept on hand at the farm, so on-farm feed pick up is available by order only.
- Email your feed order to email@example.com by Sunday night on the milling week. Note which feed pick up time you would like: Friday 4:30-6:30 or Monday 4:30-6:30. Melinda will respond with a confirmation and follow up in the next 1-2 days with invoicing.
- Pricing for feed pick-up on farm is attached below.
- Payment should be made to Melinda through Country Farm and Home. Most customers leave a credit card on file, but if interested in other options, contact Melinda (919) 545-4429. Payment is not processed until after your pick up window has passed. Any issues that arise during feed pick up should be texted to Melinda immediately so invoicing can be corrected before your card is charged.
About Our Feed Tags and Ingredients
Our feeds are simple formulas of whole grains, legumes, and premium minerals to balance the rations. When we worked on each feed ration and designed the tags, we discussed at length how much information to include. We chose to go with a more general description of “Grain Products” and “Forage Products” because we may need to occasionally change some of the grains in the feed seasonally depending on harvests and availability. Having a more general ingredient list gives us the flexibility to make those changes without having to submit a new feed tag to the NCDA each time a change is made. Having said that, if you ever want to know the exact ingredients in the feed, just ask. We are happy to share with you each of the grains going into the feed and also when any of those grains may change through the year. Our feed is always milled with whole grains, legumes, and a Crystal Creek ration balancer. Depending on the ration, other ingredients may also include salt, calcium, and individual amino acids for improved digestion. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request feed tags or additional information.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have questions.
Melinda Fitzgerald – Sales
Jeff Bender - Manufacturing